Lucky Penny Productions presents "Lucky Shorts", a short story readers theatre event on Sunday August 13th at 2 PM. We are now accepting submissions for this event. Here are the details:
1. Stories may be on any topic. Humor is always welcome. Content should be "G" or "PG-13' rated for this family-friendly event.
2. Writers must reside in Napa, Sonoma, or Solano County.
3. There is no entry fee.
4. Entries are limited to original work, previously unpublished, which can be read in 10 or fewer minutes.
5. Entries must be double spaced, in at least 12 point font.
6. Stories must be typed/word-processed, pages numbered, and stapled. Do not use binders or covers.
7. Name of author must not appear on manuscript. Submit 3 copies of the story and include a separate single cover sheet with title of your story, your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
8. Submission implies consent to have your story read at Lucky Penny Productions on August 13, 2017. Authors retain all rights to their work for future production or publication.
9. Entries must be postmarked by May 21, 2017. Sorry, no email submissions.
10. Authors of eight chosen stories will be notified by July 17, 2017.
11. Stories cannot be returned. Lucky Penny Productions assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged submissions.
12. Stories will be performed by Lucky Penny actors unless there is a compelling reason for the author to read his/her own. Authors requesting to perform their own stories must notify Lucky Penny at time of submission. The decision as to who performs the story is up to the director.
13. Each of the eight finalists will receive 2 passes to any Lucky Penny show in the 2017-2018 season, subject to availability. Seats must be reserved in advance to redeem passes.
All seats for "Lucky Shorts 2017" are $15 with children under 16 admitted free.
Tickets are available online - follow this link - or call 707-266-6305.